The official 188th Oktoberfest celebration takes place in Munich, Germany from September 16 to October 3, 2023.
The Oktoberfest is the largest folk festival in the world, celebrating Bavarian traditions, customs and of course Bier! Oktoberfest stands for a sense of home and the hospitality of the people of Munich and stands for encounters, shared experiences and the joy of life. It is this spiirit that we like to channel at Flagler Tavern with a decades-old tradition of hospitality in New Smyrna Beach, friends, family, great food and wonderful bier!
This year we’ve selected to feature local Florida Oktoberfest beers created in the German style for our Oktoberfest celebration. We are also featuring two great Oktoberfest bands on Saturday, September 16 from 5pm to 8pm, dance, drink and participate in silly contests with The Oktoberfest Brass Band. Then come back on Sunday, September 17 from 5pm to 8pm (after the 1pm football game) and enjoy an authentic Polka Band with Northern Sounds.
- Big Bavarian Pretzels
- Wurst Plates – 2 beer-braised grilled Bratwursts on top of sauerkraut with spicy mustard and served with German Potato Salad and German Red Cabbage
- Brat Sandwiches – Beer-braised grilled Bratwurst on a toasted hoagie topped with sauerkraut and spicy mustard and your choice of one side
- Jagerschnitzel – Tender pork loin cutlets fried crispy then topped with a brown mushroom gravy served with German Potato Salad
Featured Florida Oktoberfest Beers:
- Ormond Brewing Oktoberfest Marzen Lager
- Swamp Head Brewery, Oktoberfest
- 3 Daughters Brewing, Marzen